A low margin, highly competitive, customer-sensitive company.
• Project was run by a group of more than 10 consultants.
• No internal ownership.
• Project ran unsuccessfully for two years.
• Business critical as this project was a prerequisite for critical transformation.
• CEO’s reputation pinned to successful transformation.
• Technically extremely complex.
• Carry high risk to day to day business operations.
• Cost of failure: complete operational catastrophe.
The “Future Creates the Now” solution:
• Identify an internal programme manager.
• Coach the programme manager to understand and deliver the business values.
• Dependency on external consultancy reduced from 10+ to zero.
• Project recovered and operational within six months.
• Programme manager awarded a significant promotion and is still working in the company in a senior role three years later.
• Internal teams were empowered.
• Technical teams innovated and generated more successful projects.